Your guide to production in Hong Kong
Insider knowledge, essential details, and first-hand tips on filming in Hong Kong.
Filmed in Hong Kong
- The Dark Knight is a 2008 superhero film directed, produced, and co-written by Christopher Nolan. Filming took place in Hong Kong at various locations, including Hong Kong's tallest building at the time, the International Finance Centre, for the scene where Batman captures Lau.
- Kill Bill: Volume 1 is a 2003 American martial arts film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. Several scenes were filmed on location in Hong Kong.
- Enter the Dragon is a 1973 Hong Kong martial arts action film directed by Robert Clouse; starring Bruce Lee, John Saxon and Jim Kelly. Filming took place throughout Hong Kong, including Aberdeen Harbour, Barker Street, Tai Tam Bay, and Kowloon.
- Contagion is a 2011 American science fiction medical thriller film directed by Steven Soderbergh. Principal photography started in Hong Kong.
- Spy Game is a 2001 American spy film directed by Tony Scott and starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. The HSBC Hong Kong headquarters building was used as the American embassy in the film.
- The Man with the Golden Gun is a 1974 British spy film, the ninth entry in the James Bond series and the second to star Roger Moore as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond. Filming was done at the partly submerged wreck of the RMS Queen Elizabeth, in Victoria Harbour and at the Hong Kong Dragon Garden.
- Snowden is a 2016 American biographical political thriller film directed by Oliver Stone and written by Stone and Kieran Fitzgerald. Scenes were filmed in The Mira Hong Kong hotel and To Kwa Wan.
Do you know of any major films shot in Hong Kong that should be included on this list? Let us know!